Moobs: What is it?
What is commonly known as “moobs” among teenagers and in gym lingo is really a medical condition known as Gynecomastia. That is, the benign enlargement of male breast usually produced by a hormonal imbalance. There are several reasons why some men present this condition, especially during teenage years. Since it is a major cause for mental and emotional stress, men who suffer from breast enlargement are desperate to find effective options to improve the way their chests look. Physical exercise is one of the most popular non-surgical alternatives to deal with this issue.
No Pain, No Gain?
To begin with, there is an underlying myth that pushups are the only type of exercise that can make your pecs look massive. Even when pectoral exercises can be beneficial to improve your chest, a million push ups will not ensure that the fat in your breast areas will go away. So you need a well-rounded, customized physical program. The best way to start would be by consulting a qualified trainer , they can design a work-out program to your best interest. This way, you can avoid wasting time and money on exercises that will not work, furthermore, you will prevent unwanted physical injury which will only make matters worse.
Here are some Top Exercises:
- Weight-Lifting: Muscle size has a direct connection with how strong you are. If you lift more weight on a bench press, for instance, you will burn more calories, reducing the fatty tissue surrounding your breasts. Recent research also shows that weight-lifting is largely responsible for an increase in testosterone levels. Testosterone, the male hormone may be just what you need in order to balance up your hormonal scales.
- Pump it up! Cardio exercises are a sure proof way of reducing the amount of fatty cells in your body. Start by walking. Once you feel confident and comfortable move up to a 45-minute power walk. Treadmills, aerobic and step lessons are good alternatives, too. Even if you don’t see the results right away, cardio surely burns fat quickly, including the fat tissue stored in your surplus breast.
- Push Ups Reloaded: The main reason why doing pushups alone doesn’t work is because there is no physical resistance involved in the exercise. This means that in order to make your pushup exercises more challenging and effective you would have to make some changes. Specialists recommend adding come kind of back weight in order to include the resistance factor. An easy fix can be to do pushups with a backpack on you back!
- Strengthen your back: Increase the number of dips, neck presses and incline pushups in order to strengthen the muscles in you back. Sometimes we falsely believe, pectoral muscles are all there is to work to improve our chest. However, your upper back muscles carry the weight of your arms and shoulders. If they are stronger, the upper part of your body will look wider, improving your general appearance. The more you hunch, the more visible your breasts become.
- Take up HIIT: High Intensity Interval Training seems to be very effective for getting rid of men breasts. It alternates cardio, and muscular development at the same time. You can make your pick about what disciplines to include: it may be a three days a week combo of cycling, swimming or running. The trick consists in pushing yourself at a fast pace for a minute or two and then lower the pace for the same interval. The best thing about HIIT is that it works best when done for a few minutes just three times a week. Good call for busy people who cannot keep up with a gym schedule.
- Don’t overdo it: Take it easy. If you overdo your exercise program, your testosterone levels will not only fossilize, they will fall. And that is precisely the opposite way to go.